Brand builders, creatives, strategists, and thought leaders – if you’re looking to do big things in a big market, you need to explore this opportunity. KHOU, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in Houston, Texas has a RELENTLESS team of colleagues, a legacy brand, and a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility in one of the largest and most diverse cities in America. KHOU and TEGNA truly see the value and importance of marketing and are seeking a true partner with a strong voice to take a seat at the leadership table on our executive team
It goes without saying, we are looking for an exceptional and passionate marketer. We are also looking for candidates with an aptitude and track-record of strong strategic planning, creative output, reacting to research, accountability and building and coaching teams.
It’s also worth noting that Houston is an exceptionally active news market with a LOT of breaking news, big stories and severe weather; candidates must be resilient, optimistic and level-headed, as there will be a lot of pressure.
You will also serve as a key business partner within the organization, taking ownership of a focused multi-platform strategic marketing plan that pushes boundaries and exceeds the needs of our audience, customers and community. You will lead the development and execution of that plan and own its results. Additional expectations of this position include:
- Leading and inspiring a team of talented creatives. You will ensure the team is a high-performing unit that is well developed via training, ongoing feedback, development opportunities and regular performance appraisals.
- Managing creative processes including but not limited to: facilitating collaborative brainstorming, writing creative briefs, providing creative feedback and listening to the ideas of others with a sense of how any given project/potential idea may play out in the marketplace.
- Producing effective presentations that sell a given strategy, tell a story and persuasively sell-in concepts, strategies and tactics to all department levels.
- Working closely with the local revenue team on innovative campaigns that fulfill client needs, drive client results and increase the generation of non-traditional/new business revenue.
- Collaborating regularly with content leaders on audience development strategies. Applying data, analytics and insights to marketing campaigns that promote sweeps, content partnerships, digital products, community partnerships and more.
- Serving as a key leader in the development and implementation of plans that unite and align content, sales, community and social.
- Creating data-driven, targeted and integrated media plans that leverage off-channel spends, trade partners, co-op budgets and other tactics.
- Minimum of 7 years consumer marketing experience with a promotion-specific record of success especially in broadcast, cable, digital or agency (marketing/digital/advertising). Must understand the value of promotions placement across multiple mediums as a fundamental driver in executing the brand strategy. Television experience preferred but not required. College Degree in Marketing preferred.
- A planner by nature, able to operate with a sense of urgency in the present and be constantly looking 6-18 months out to bring organization, order and planning to the larger marketing team.
- Real-time, multi-platform marketing experience with proven record of marketing content on linear and non-linear platforms.
- Ability to spot trends and build future-proof strategies that grow audiences amidst rapidly changing content, technology, societal and consumer landscapes
- Insight-driven with an ability to work with local and corporate research teams, data analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle, Tableau) and 3rd party vendors to garner insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies.
- Strong management track record with demonstrated success leading a brand-centric, multi-platform creative team as well as proven ability to manage up and across in collaborative fashion.
- Experience creating and measuring integrated advertising campaigns supported by an outstanding creative ability and an exceptional portfolio.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline-oriented, fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours in breaking news situations.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.