If you have a talent for connecting with – and relating to – people from all walks of life; are a curious, community-oriented storyteller with a dynamic personality; and are a high-energy collaborator bursting with ideas, KING 5 wants to hear from you. Seattle's daytime talk show is seeking a highly skilled, experienced Host with a mind for producing great television to join Team New Day.
For more than a decade, New Day Northwest has connected viewers with the very best of Western Washington. As the Host, you will interview the PNW's most interesting people, highlight the coolest places to go, things to do, and help our audience discover products that improve their daily lives. You'll host and produce content for all platforms and enterprise original segments from the community that bring people together.
This is a full-time, salary, exempt union position. In this role, you will report to the Director of Local Programming.
- Minimum seven years of experience hosting or reporting on a talk show or lifestyle show
- Dynamic on-air presence, sense of humor and personality match for the active Pacific Northwest region
- Strong team communication and collaboration skills
- Exceptional writing proficiency for broadcast, digital and social platforms
- Strong time management, production management and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain on-air chemistry with show guests, build professional relationships and interact effectively with individuals from a range of backgrounds
- Ability to prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of content development best practices across social media platforms and channels. Proficient in, and actively using, social media channels, e.g., Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Ability to work with and learn how to use a variety of collaboration tools, video software, and remote studio equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration (Management), Communications, or Public Relations preferred. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may substitute for a degree
- Ability to work occasional nights, weekends, or mornings
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is a media company innovating in the digital age. Our purpose is to serve the greater good of our communities - through empowering stories, impactful investigations and innovative marketing services.
As one of the most geographically diverse broadcasters in the U.S., TEGNA is a best-in-class operator with 62 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and four radio stations in 51 markets from coast to coast. We are the largest owner of Big Four affiliates in the top 25 markets and reach 41.7 million television households, or 39 percent of all TV households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults across our digital platforms. Across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, TEGNA stations have over 31 million social followers.
TEGNA produces trusted, impactful and innovative content across platforms. We tell stories that matter, are an advocate for those in need and help bring positive change to our communities. Our award-winning journalists have been recognized with numerous national honors including Edward R. Murrow, Alfred I. duPont, George Foster Peabody, George Polk, Walter Cronkite and Emmy awards.
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks, Justice Network and Quest, which offer unique ad-supported programming. Justice Network is focused on the popular true-crime, mystery and investigation genre, while Quest features factual-entertainment programs such as science, history, and adventure-reality series.
TEGNA also provides local and national partners custom, targeted and innovative campaigns through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service.
In everything we do, we are driven by our strongly held values and our stated purpose to serve the greater good of our communities.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.