The TEGNA Financial Services Team, located in Dallas, TX, is seeking an experienced Broadcast Media Credit Specialist to join our growing Credit Team due to multiple acquisitions. TEGNA is one of the largest media companies in the United States, with brands that reach 41 million television households and each month reaches 75 million adults across our digital platforms. The TEGNA Financial services team provides financial services to all TEGNA television and radio stations including credit, collections, billing, and cash receipt services.
This position is responsible for maintaining high quality external and internal customer service while providing evaluation of credit worthiness of new potential advertisers, monitoring the credit risk of existing accounts, timely new account set up, review of accounts on credit hold, releasing of orders as well as processing credit card payments for customers.
This role will provide the opportunity for personal and career growth for a motivated and well-organized person with excellent communication skills and who can work under deadline pressure with speed and accuracy.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years' experience preferred.
- Media finance experience (TV, Radio, or Digital) strongly preferred.
- Wide Orbit Software experience preferred.
- Credit and customer service experience required.
- Experience with Dun & Bradstreet scoring preferred.
- Experience processing customer credit card payments preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and business math.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Zoom, Skype and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to multi-task successfully and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, centralized environment.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and contribute to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and extended hours as needed.
- Reliable Internet connection at home.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.